Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Love and Hate


We’ve known each other since forever, LOVE said to HATE. Do you have feelings for me? Hate did not say a thing. We always write letters and walk in the beach; we spend all summers together, write our names in the sand and let the water hear our promises, says Love.

Hate said, I like you and there are lots of things I enjoy doing with you and a lot of words I still want to tell you but that’s all I can do, that’s all I can say. In his mind was a secret, Spending time with you means the whole world to me but there are things that I can’t tell you, things you need not to know, things that I would rather keep than to include you to a place where you are not worth existing, because there’s my dream, one step ahead, and you are my perfect reality that I cannot bear to lose once I’ve reached my dream, I am just afraid you might not keep up.

They parted ways that one summer night, Hate left the shore to continue his life in the city and Love pursued a simple life without Hate. Time flies like a simple breeze, never was a day that Love imagined living life with him, she waited by the shore every summer but no one came, no one remembers. Love promised herself that she’ll never give up with the feelings she has for Hate because it was all she has, until Love met an accident one night that made her lose her memory, she never went back to the shore where she spends all those summer with her beloved Hate.

Years have passed; Hate went back to the shore and reminisced all those moments with Love. From afar she saw a girl, walking and recognized her as Love. Hate called her attention but Love won’t give any interest on Hate, he was desperate for Love’s attention. Soon, Hate narrated everything Love has to know but she just told him, “Hate, maybe the old Love grew tired of waiting for you, maybe it’s time for us to continue with our separate lives, maybe it’s the will of the Gods for me to meet that tragic accident. As I’ve learned from your story, I endear you too much and I am glad to have known that, but my life belongs to my husband now, Happiness.” Hate has lost all his hopes for Love. He accepted the fact that Happiness took over Love’s heart.

Love has lived a beautiful life with Happiness, but she will never forget the story that there was once a possibility for Love and Hate to be one. Hate on the other hand, never bothered Love again, but when she misses her, he visits the shore... Things might have been different.

Excerpt from W. Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet

Juliet:
'Tis almost morning, I would have thee gone—
And yet no farther than a wan-ton's bird,
That lets it hop a little from his hand,
Like a poor prisoner in his twisted gyves,
And with a silken thread plucks it back again,
So loving-jealous of his liberty.

Romeo:
I would I were thy bird.

Juliet:
Sweet, so would I,
Yet I should kill thee with much cherishing.
Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it be morrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment